Your average customer service phone call wait time?

Big TV Offers Free HD DVR with Samsung LED TVs

big tv offers free dvr with samsung led tv
In its bid to promote the new high-definition digital video recorder (HD DVR), Reliance Big TV has joined hands with Samsung India, to provide this new service free on purchase of Samsung LED TV range.

Customers can also avail of two months of free silver pack subscription along with one HD channel without any installation or activation fee. The offer is available across India till September 15, 2010.

While recently Big TV also slashed the price of the HD DVR offering to Rs 4990 from the earlier launch price of Rs 7490 in May.

Speaking on the new offer, Umesh Rao, senior vice president, Reliance BIG TV said, "Our partnership with Samsung will take the television viewing experience to its next level. With HD transmission and digital video recording capability from Reliance BIG TV set top box, Samsung LED TV customers are set for a veritable treat in their living rooms."
Read more » Big TV Offers Free HD DVR with Samsung LED TVs

2 comments:

Arun September 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Could you please let me know the difference between the current models of Reliance HD STB nd the Reliance HD DVR STB?

Do they both offer 1080p?
HD-DVR says 1080i whereas the HD-only says 1080P - WHY?

HD-DVR says 5x picture quality whereas the HD-only says 10x picture quality - WHY?

Is HD-DVR 3D-Ready?

SO : Is a HD-Only box better in performance than HD-DVR?
I assmed that the HD-DVR and HD-only offered similar performance with the added advantage of recording in HD-DVR.Is this perception false despite paying a premum for HD-DVR?

Please help!

Puneet April 26, 2012 at 5:33 AM

Apr 23, 2012
I am writing in to bring to your notice of a shocking and unethical behavior of your call centre staff and senior staff members Mr. Sanjay Kumar and Rajiv.

I have a normal Big TV set top box that I would like to upgrade to HD DVR. I visited your website and called at 18602006666 to place request for HD DVR. As I needed some clarifications on the product, the call was transferred to senior staff department member Mr. Sanjay Kumar who after clarifying my queries asked to me first to update my a/c balance by 4400/- after which I was to call again and ask for the HD DVR request to be created. I transferred INR 4400/- and called the call centre to the needful. It was then to my utter shock, I was told that the request can not be generated as HD DVR is not in stock. I asked to be connected to Sanjay Kumar who tried evading the question but on persistent questioning said that he is creating a service request No. 0000000006386873 and that it would be delivered within 48 Hrs.


Today at about 5:15 PM I called up the call centre to enquire status of my request and was told that no such request has been created. I asked to be connected to Sanjay and was connected to another senior staff member - Rajiv, who confirmed that HD DVR is not available and money cannot be refunded and that I can now only buy HD box or additional channel packs. On asking him to connect to his senior, I was told that I am talking to the senior person and that I could write at customercare@reliancedigitaltv.com.

Although you may be aware, but I would also like to highlight that the quality of your call centre executives - their responses, their attitude and their manner of speaking, is just plain pathetic.

I request reversal of the transaction. The transaction receipt is herewith attached

Hoping to hear from you

- Puneet Sharma

Smart Card No. 200520818802

Since then I have also written thice to Sanjay Behl, CEO and there is response

Post a Comment